Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Eve

So you know I love me some Valentine's Day.  Oh, who am I kidding, I just like holidays.   Period.   I get out a kick out of seasonal decorations (until it's time to pack them . . . boo!), I am a sucker for a Hallmark store and of course, then there's CANDY.  Except I'm trying really hard not to eat it because I swear my stomach seems to have pooched out big time in the last week or two.  

And no, I'm not pregnant.  I think this is Generalized Flabbiness Disorder.   It may be brought on by the first signs of springtime (today--sunny and mid 60's) and the thoughts of shorts and bathing suits begin to cloud your mind.

The 9 catalogs of spring/summer clothing that arrived in my mailbox last week didn't help.   Although it did give me chuckle on Thursday when it was 10 degrees. 

Wait, I think I've gone off on a tangent.  Where was I?

Oh yeah, Valentine's Day.  It's tomorrow.  I have some little gifts for Bassam and the kids hidden about the house.  This would be a good time to find them get them out and wrapped, yes?   It was in my plan for this afternoon, but that whole sunny and mid 60's thing put a big old kink in that plan.  I was so much happier being outside.     Now it's Sunday night and I have my whole list of "Sunday night" things to do, in addition to getting ready for the arrival of festivities. 

So TTFN . . . time to do the Cupid's work!   

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I tucked a few Disney items in my suitcase for V. Day - something fun to add to the candy!