Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I *heart* my friends

When it comes to friends, I am a lucky gal, even thought most of the girlfriends I hold dearest to my heart live in exotic far away places like Virginia, Illinois and Florida (slight bit of sarcasm!).   Okay, Florida is kind of exotic (it is Miami, after all!), but my point is most of them don't live in Nashville.  While I miss their companionship on a regular basis, I know that if I call, they will be there for me and vice versa.   Some of them I have known since 2nd grade others I have met as recently as the last 5 years.

Beth hosted an impromptu gathering of the DGN girls at her new place last night and I got to catch up with her, Betsy, Jenni, Mindy and even Michelle by phone.   It makes my heart smile that I can fall right back into the folds with them, even thought it's been months since I've seen them.     We really need to get those girls to road trip down to Nashvegas some weekend so Heather and I can host 'em for Southern fun!