Still livin' it up in Chicago while Bassam toils away back home. I think he just wrapped up what is probably the worst 10 days of his job ever. No need for a long story, but I can sum it up by saying he was the ONLY guy in town last week from his group at Centennial, the pager gave him (and me, for that matter!) no rest and then when he was due to get off call this weekend they guy who was scheduled to take over died.
Yes, died. Stunk for Bassam because it meant three more nights of call -- but worse because a very nice man died way too young.
In much happier news, we headed downtown today to visit the Adler Planetarium which is Matthew's very favorite place to visit in Chicago. We sat in on a cool 3D presentation towards the end where Matthew asked questions about the New Horizon space probe, which impressed the Adler staff member giving the talk. We were planning to head over to the Field afterward, but my mom took a little tumble (ouch!) so we decided to cut our losses and head back to suburbia. The kids and I hit the park, which was great because today was the nicest weather we're to have here.
As for me, I'm headed out with the girls tonight which I am soooooo excited about! :)
Monday, March 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment