Friday, January 27, 2012

Finally Friday

I don't know about you, but I am so glad for Friday.  I'm looking at my calendar and it is blank.

I am in awe. 

Saturday and Sunday are crammed full, but today is blank.  I can't remember the last time I saw such a thing.

Of course, next to me is also a list of errands.   It is currently 16 deep.  

I am equally in awe of this.  And slightly disgusted.

I spent a substantial amount of time at the kids school this week.  Monday was my usual library morning.   On Wednesday afternoon, I had my first experience as a workoom volunteer.   It doesn't sound particularly glamorous, does it?   Well, it's not, but I will say I single-handedly destroyed a small forest with the massive number of copies I made.  

As I was finishing on Wednesday, the librarian popped her head in and asked if I might be able to come in and help her the next morning.  The Assistant Librarian had to be out on Thursday and there would be 2  kindergarten and 2 first grade classes coming in--and she wanted me to check in and out books for an hour or so.

As my library duties are usually confined to the Dewey Decimal system and trying to remember if J comes before or after K, I said yes.   And since Gracie's class was one of the ones who would be in, it was an added bonus.  

Of course, that hour stretched to close to 3,  but I really didn't mind.  I think it's scanning gun that makes it fun.  It was like doing our wedding registery at Target all over again!

However, it's now the end of the week and the laundry has piled up and the unfinished tasks errands from Wednesday and Thursday have found their way on today's list.   I was able to cross one big one off this morning, putting together the church newsletter, which was a huge coup.   Still, the things left to do are stretched from one end of town to the other, so I'll be spending some quality time in the minivan today. 

Still . . . .TGIF!

No comments: