Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Hearts!

Happy Valentine's Day!  I am happy to report the anticipated snow amounted to no more than a handful of wet flakes, so school (and more importantly, the Valentine's Day festivities), went on as planned. 

Gracie was delighted with her haul of Valentines, in particular, the one from classmate, Will, that declared her a "Cutie Patootie!"

I *thought* I would surprise my kids with a beautiful heart-shaped cookie in their lunchbox with an "XO' on it for Valentine's day.  Alas, Gracie came home saying she didn't like the frosting and apparently the boys at Matthew's lunch table made fun of the "hugs and kisses" message on his cookie.   

For the love.   

No pun intended . . . although it is a good one. 

Regardless, the kids gifted me with some beautiful handmade valentines and the whole family enjoyed dinner at Mediterranean Cuisine after the school skate party.  We're not fancy, but no complaints from any of us. 

Happy Valentine's Day to you!
 

No comments: