The process of "re-loading" my kitchen is not super fun. It's not that I thought it would be a laugh-a-minute, but somehow the idea of a "clean slate" gives you that rare opportunity to get truly organized. A place for everything. Everything in it's place.
Around here, it looks more like this: I put something away. Decide it's not exactly where I want it or that I want something else there and move it.
Repeat.
Repeat again.
My parents have graciously offered to help me with this process and I plan on taking them up on this offer, but I was thinking it might be nice for them to have a path to the bed and bathroom in the guest room when the arrive tomorrow. And for that to happen, I had to get started on my own.
Of course, that has been easier said and done this week. The breakfast nook cabinets (where I am relocating all the items from my dining room) just got their shelves installed yesterday. I got a bit done last night, but today was shot because I was at school all morning and this afternoon, the contractor was working in the kitchen, so putting stuff away was not exactly practical. I started up again when I got home from band at 9:30, but quite frankly, it's almost 11:30, I have to be up in less than 5 hours for boot camp so I'm ready to call it quits.
And for the record, we have waaaaay to many dishes.
Thursday, October 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment