Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Ran across these pictures earlier this week and my heart skipped a beat.   What cute little Valentines they were!

Gracie was 2, Matthew was 5. . . where has time gone?


In other news, I'm THIS close to wrapping up bookfair!  Wahoo!  It has been fun, but since set up was 9 days ago, it has been a loooong haul. I'm ready to stop dreaming about book shipments and counting money.  

The other thing that made today particularly crazy was the fact that way back in August I signed up to run Gracie's class Valentine party.  It goes without saying that I had no idea it would coincide book fair. 

Sadly, it doesn't mean if I had known I wouldn't have signed up anyway, but I'd like to believe I would have at least thought twice about it.

Despite the busyness of the last 2 weeks, the party came off beautifully, we read "The Kissing Hand,"  made a special Valentine using pictures I took earlier this week,  played Valentine's bingo and then the kids made their own ice cream sundaes that were basically twice as much toppings as ice cream.    Add in trading Valentines with all their classmates and it was practically perfect in every way.

Hope your day was equally wonderful and sugar-filled!


3 comments:

Mindy said...

You always encourage me to be a better mom - the volunteering you do amazes me! And those pictures, they make me want to well up. When I look back at my kiddos little years, I sometimes just want one day of them back. Or, depending on which day sometimes just an hour ;)

Kris said...

Awww, thanks friend! You are so sweet. I am equally inspired by you!! xoxo

Beth said...

I remember those kids... miss their precious faces. I feel the same way, time is going by way too quickly!