Family Fun Night went off without a hitch. Or maybe there was a hitch and I just don't know about it yet. Either way, the weather was fabulous, the crowd was great, we didn't run out of food and everyone seemed to be having a fun time. I arrived at school shortly after 8 a.m. on Friday and got home just before 10 pm, less a 15 minute trip home to take the dog out and change clothes. It was a really long day, but completely worth it. My parents arrived in the late afternoon and got to see what all the excitement was about and even saw my kids briefly as they whizzed past them with their friends from one area to another.
Saturday was equally crazy. It was Oktoberfest at our church, so we enjoyed brats and beer for lunch, along with a silent auction, live music and games for the kids. We brought home an obscene amount of prizes in the form of paddle balls, whistles, kazoos,noisemakers, vampire teeth and other plastic doo-dads.
Just between us, I wouldn't be surprised if they slowly began to disappear from the house.
From Oktoberfest, we went to see Matthew's flag football game. It was Seahawks vs. Cowboys. The Seahawks won 31-22.....thanks in part to a safety and extra point scored by Matthew! So glad he decided to put on a good show for GG and Gus! Needless to say he as super excited. Bassam, the kids and my dad finished off the day with a little more football at the Vandy/UAB game, while my mom and I retreated home to work on Gracie's Halloween costume.
And of course, I mean my mom was working on it.
Which leads us to today. Church, homemade pizza made on the grill and football. It's not like a lazy Sunday afternoon sets the tone for the upcoming week. I peeked ahead to the calendar and it's nuts. But for now, we'll enjoy the day we have. Even if it means watching the Bears.

No comments:
Post a Comment