I have a paper problem.
If you've stopping by here for a while, you've probably heard me mention this before. I've read countless books and articles on organization. I follow organizing blogs. I've purchased file folders, baskets and other organizers galore. I've set up a shredder next to my desk.
And yet I repeatedly find myself in the same situation of having to shove piles of crap off my desk into a basket to clean off my desk and then having to spend a chunk of time going through it days later when I find myself hunting for something that is missing.
Truth be told, our home office isn't very efficient. We need more file space and better storage. I need a way to organize various projects in a way that I can access them, but don't have to look at it when they aren't in use.
And there is the fact that I completely, 100%, whole-heartedly regret purchasing black office furniture. Hello, dust magnet! As if feeling disorganized isn't bad enough, feeling disorganized and like a bad-housekeeper is a double whammy!
So perhaps with that thought and the need for more storage I'm drawn to pictures like this as I think about redoing our office.
Realistically, I won't choose white(ish) furniture either. Surely there is a happy medium out there somewhere.
Other than "handle each piece of paper only once," does anyone have any great advice?
Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
re: confession. We're purging--big time.
Post a Comment