Today is the last full day of school.
Yes, the LAST FULL DAY OF SCHOOL.
Somewhere in my house there is a list of things I hoped to accomplish around the house this school year. I'm fairly sure that when I do find it, there will be very few things checked off.
Yesterday was promotion for 5th graders. In order to let 5th grade parents enjoy the day, 4th grade parents roll up their sleeves to help with set up, decorating, tear down and then running the 5th grade party. By the end of the day yesterday I was completely exhausted and not particularly fond of 5th graders. A shame, since tomorrow I will have one.
I did manage to get my haircut and "dusty roots," as Matt calls them (gray hair) covered this morning before heading to Gracie's 2nd grade picnic. Beautiful weather and so much fun! Upon leaving, I got in my car and ran around like a proverbial chicken with my head cut off. There were teacher gifts to be purchased, a trunkful of stuff that need to be returned here, there and everywhere ( I managed to get only one thing returned!) and a dog to be picked up after a long overdue grooming.
Nothing fancy for the teachers and bus drivers this year . . . just gift cards, which let's be honest, everyone is pretty happy to get. However, it doesn't show much creativity, which I kind of pride myself on. I did have my "cookie lady" make these adorable cookies for all the office staff and specials teachers. They turned out adorable and I found a great card on Etsy with a pair of flip flops and a sun that says, "School's Out for Summer." Had them personalized and we're done! Thinking maybe we can give one to each of the kids' classroom teachers, too, so their gift will be a bit more personal, too.
Despite the end-of-year panic and rush, I'm as excited for summer as the kids . . . and not just because today I made my last school lunches of the year!
WHOO HOO!!
Tuesday, May 20, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment