Saturday, May 17, 2014

Hello, weekend . . .

I've been gone for a few days . . . perhaps just recovering from "Patch Gate?"

The last few days have been chock-full-of-school-activities.  All fun ones, but busy, nonetheless.   On Thursday, Matthew was excused from school to help with the clothing drive that our school does for Glenview Elementary in Nashville.  We collect clothes for 4 days and then bring to Glenview where we set up in their gym. Every child in the school comes through and picks out a pair of new pants/short and a couple shirts.   There are socks and unders for those that need it, as well as shoes.  We also have "accessory tables" with backpacks, hats, purses, jewelry, sports equipment so they can get something fun, too.     To help, our students at our school have to volunteer for two days with collections and have a parent that will go with them, as we work together to take individual kids "shopping" for their new items.  It is a wonderful project and I'm so happy Matthew got to go with me.

Friday was Field Day.  Thankfully it was dry but it was also COLD.  Okay, it was only in the 60's, but with the breeze it was a least chilly and very un-May like . . . and definitely un-Field Day like, since it's usually blazing hot.  I had the basketball shooting station, so I spent most of my morning with hyper-competitive boys trying to break each other's records. 

Friday night, we had dinner at the Hale's house.  So excited to see their new home!  Heather' parents were in town, so she also invited my folks and it was a big Downers Grove reunion! 

This morning the kids and I headed to their dentist's Patient Appreciation Day celebration.  Every year, Dr. Buzz throws a big bash for all his patients, complete with games, inflatables, contests, pizza and massive amounts of sweets (pretty smart way to make sure you stay in business, yes?).  The kids had so much fun.  Matthew managed to win a dance contest and the Donut Chomp.
So proud.
 
While Matthew was earning Donut-Eating-Glory, Gracie tried to add a new twist to one of her favorite activities . . . . hula-hooping
That one still needs some work!
 
The weather is still chilly and kind of grey.  Perfect night for an outdoor band concert . . . NOT!  Yet, that's where I'll be tonight!
 
And on a sad note . . . we send love to our dear friends, the Clark family.  They said goodbye to their sweet dog Tucker yesterday.   Tucker was the most gentle dogs I have ever known.  He was Charlie's first friend and loved by so many.
 

No comments: