Or lost them, as the case may be.
Two weeks ago, I trekked over to the Girl Scout Council shop to pick up some patches for our troop. Our last meeting was actually a "painting party" at one of those places where they walk you through a painting project. The girls used a portion of their cookie money to pay for it and it was super fun.
As it turns out, we didn't have all our patches for the year, because the cookie rewards (fancy word for "patches") from the Middle Tennessee Council weren't in yet, even though we had delivered cookies 2 and 1/2 months earlier.
Whatever. Promptness is apparently not part of the Girl Scout law. Clearly, getting all the patches distributed wasn't going to happen.
Fast forward a week when our I finally did get the cookie rewards. I decided I would put all the patches in an envelope with a picture I had taken of the troop at the painting party and distribute to the girls. But when I went to do it, I couldn't find the patches I had bought at the Girl Scout Store.
Anywhere.
I tore up the house. I tore up my car. I searched desk drawers, dresser drawers, as well as nooks and crannies I hadn't been in for 3 months. Then I searched them all again.
Last night, I gave up. I gave in. I was not going to find the missing patches. So this morning, I drove back to the Girl Scout Store (which by the way, is pretty much one of the most annoying places ever!) and bought replacement patches . . . . to the tune of $27.
I put them all in the envelopes, dropped then at school and congratulated myself on a job
And then this afternoon my friend Christie called. She asked why Amelia got a second set of the patches that I handed out at our May meeting.
That I what???!
That I HANDED OUT AT OUR MAY MEETING!! Those same missing patches that I tore up my house, car, desk drawers, dresser drawers and other assorted nooks and crannies looking for this week. Yes, THOSE PATCHES. Apparently I put them in baggies and handed them out 2 weeks ago at the end of the painting party.
*completely mortified*
I wonder . . . is there patch for that?

No comments:
Post a Comment