Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Time management by DISH

The electricians were back yesterday finally finishing the can lights/dimmers in the family room.  They also hung our TV on the wall.  Without the TV stand, we moved the hopper-thingy to a cabinet an hooked everything back up.

Aaaaaand of course, the cable didn't work.

Sigh.

Bassam placed call to DISH last night and they offer to send someone out today between 8-11 and say they will call before they come.  He asks them to call my cell phone and gives them the number.   Of course, nothing is ever that easy. . .

At 7:30 am, I get an automated call at home number from DISH and they say the technician will be there between 9 -10:15 and that they estimate my appointment will take 1 hour.

At 9:50 am, they call back my home number AGAIN and say the technician will be there between 11 - 12:15 and my appointment will take 1 hour and 15 minutes.   I have an appointment at 11, so I call back to see if they can change it, get put on hold, transferred, and then they tell me that someone will now be out between 12 and 5 pm.  Whatever.  I'm not sure I will be home by 12, but what are the chances they will be out here right at noon. I decide to chance it and say ok.   I also remind them to please call my cell phone with any updates.

At 1:00 while I'm outside with the dog, I get another automated call ON THE HOME NUMBER saying the technician will be out between 2-3:30 and my appointment will take 45 minutes.

Three different appointment slots with three different estimates of how long my appointment will take.

In the end, DISH shows up at 2:45 and the appointment takes 35 minutes.

The majority of my day was shot, but at least the cable got fixed, right? 

No comments: