Or at least it seemed like it.
Some of the highlights include Gracie managing to literally make herself sick over a lost paperback book, the big build up to "the snow day that wasn't" (yep, we didn't get a single flake!), a trip to Opryland to pick up Girl Scout cookies for our troop, hosting a huge baked potato and chili luncheon at school for all the teachers with my friends Colleen and Lanesia, getting the volunteer schedule in place for Book Fair, a Brownie meeting which included a trip to our vets office where I inconveniently find out that one of my new scouts is deathly afraid of dogs and being in the midst of a big ADHD flare-up for Matthew.
But tonight was fun . . . a much needed ending to the week. Bassam and Gracie were off to the Father Daughter dance at school!
Despite my not being thrilled about the dress she chose, Gracie made it her own and declared it was perfect for dancing. She was so happy that Bassam found a purple shirt and tie in his closet so they would match! They look so sweet! As for the dancing, Bassam only had to make a couple appearances on the dance floor, which was probably just fine with him. Gracie and her pals, however, danced up a storm!
I don't think they were alone, either. I headed over to school at the end as people were leaving to help with clean up and I noticed that there were a lot of sweaty girls with crazy hair and no shoes, yet most of the dads still looked pretty fresh. As I swept the floor in the gym, I found no less than 10 barrettes, hair bands and bows that got left behind, sort of like Cinderella's glass slipper.
Clearly, a good time was had by all!



No comments:
Post a Comment