Yesterday was the long-awaited concert for the Williamson County Community Band at the Franklin Theater. Matt was super excited to have Dad, Gracie and all 4 grandparents in the audience, plus his friend Jackson and his family. An extra bonus was spotting Dr. Webb (the Kenrose principal) there, too! Her husband plays trombone in the swing band that followed us on stage.
Following a long standing tradition from my family back when I started in band some 33 years ago, we took him out for ice cream after the concert!
Tonight, however, Matt and I sat in the audience . . . but this time at Bridgestone Arena. For his 12th birthday (a few weeks early!) I took him to see Imagine Dragons in concert. The seats were great and the performance was AMAZING! As always, I could have done without the opening acts...yes, I said, "acts." There were two! The Imagine Dragons were worth the wait, but this was mama was TIRED....although I'm now home and blogging because I'm not relaxed enough to actually go to sleep.
Before the concert, Matt and I got to spend some time downtown, grabbing dinner at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville on Lower Broadway, plus a fun fruity frozen drink (non alcoholic, of course!!). A perfect night with my no-longer-little guy!



No comments:
Post a Comment