Could he look any snappier? I think not! Despite being kind of grumpy about having to go, he came out with a smile on a face. He found a lot of classmates and kindred spirits in his class. They practiced handshakes, introductions and started ballroom dancing.
Good times in the mind of a 12 year old boy, right?
Matt's good pal, Parker, wasn't any more excited about going to Cotillion than Matt was.
As I drove the two of them home, they laughed about the various things they did in class for about 5 minutes and then resumed their normal conversations about about football.
Speaking of football, that is what spent the rest of our day doing. First, we were off to Matt's flag football game. His team lost. From there, we went straight to Vanderbilt, where the Commodores lost to Georgia.
Boo.
Thankfully, both Illinois and K-State won, although I didn't see either game.
As I type this, Matt and Bassam are watching more football on TV. Me, I'm ready to hit the sack.
Just another exciting Saturday night . . . . .



No comments:
Post a Comment