Thursday, September 10, 2015

Football Thursday

In Matt's world, this was a GREAT day.

First, they had a pep rally at school.   All of the fall sport athletes got introduced individually, so he and the rest of his cross country pals got to run through a tunnel into the gym and have their name called out.   This pep rally also meant that all of their classes were shortened to accommodate the afternoon assembly.   

Next, in conjunction with the first home football game, there was a 6th Grade Bash after school.  They ate pizza, learned cheers and then all went to the game together.   Sure, Matt would have preferred to be playing in the game rather than watching, but you can't have everything, right?  Also, since it was an event for entire 6th grade class, there was no homework given out.  Whoo hoo!   Everyone wins with that!

Finally, it was the start of the NFL season.   He's been counting down for weeks and of course, it was the first words out of his mouth when he came downstairs this morning.   I don't share his enthusiasm on this last one, but for a kid who has been studying the teams and players since last year's draft, this has been a long time coming. 

My day was not nearly exciting.  I got in and out of the car no less than 30 times as I ran a slew of errands, all of which took longer than they should have and in some cases, involved more than one trip to the same place.

Maybe I'd feel better about it if as I got out of the car to go into a store I got to run through a tunnel of people holding pom poms.  

No comments: