Sunday, September 27, 2015

I still don't understand why Oktoberfest is in September . . .

Today was the Sunday you used to recover from Saturday. We went to church, had a lunch and then stayed close to home.   Much needed!

Yesterday, we spent almost all day at church for Oktoberfest.  Bassam grilled up all the brats and hot dogs for the entire event.  Matt and I volunteered at games and Gracie was 85% consumer and 15% of the time filled in at a game so someone else could take a break. 

No matter who you were, by last night you were tired.  

From there we went to Matt's football game.  They got blown out.   They got shut out.   The mercy rule took effect and they stopped keeping score.

On the bright side (yes, there was one) the coach let Matt try his hand at QB yesterday which is pretty much a dream for him.  He had some great passes, but it just wasn't enough. 

From there we were off to B's parents for dinner.  His sister, Lina, was in town for all of a day and a half for a baby shower (sans my adorable nephews).  Super good to catch up with her if even for a little bit.  Wish I had taken pictures because she is rocking some super cute bangs and glasses these days. 

Speaking of pictures I snapped this picture of Gracie and I before school in our matching shirts for Be Nice Day at school.  Once again I was  told by the redhead about how she thinks we need a "selfie stick."   Ummmmm....I don't think so. 

Moments later when I took this picture of her by herself  I realized that she was going to school looking like Daisy Duke.
 
Okay, not exactly.   Girlfriend loves her cowboy boots with shorts, though.

And dresses.

And jeans.

Pretty much everything.

So there you have the last three days  . . . . cowboy boots, bratwursts, football, church and finally, a little down time (which incidentally meant laundry for me, but what can you do?!?).

No comments: