Today Matt asked me to check his math homework. Sure, no problem. Then he said, "I'm pretty sure you're going to need a calculator." Whatever.
I got through a little over one page of the packet before having to run Gracie to baton. So tonight after dinner, Bassam finished homework checking duty while I was getting ready to make a Target run (because I am glamorous like that and drove by Target twice today and didn't remember that I needed something). But back to the story at hand. . . . so guess what? I noticed Matt didn't think Dad would need a calculator. Didn't suggest it. Didn't bring it over anyway.
To be fair, I DID need the calculator, but why wouldn't he think his dad would, too?
I couldn't decided if I should be offended or simply upset that I have been "out-mathed" by 6th grade son. Then I downloaded the PhotoMath app on my iPhone. I really can't fathom how this amazing app can solve a problem simply by scanning it.
If you can't be smarter, at least have a smarter app.
Tuesday, September 29, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like the app on Big Bang Theory a couple years ago--though now I think of it, that had something to do with equations. I'm a little math challenged myself, but I'm sure they've changed some rules since I last took a math class.
Post a Comment