If you are my Facebook friend, then you've probably already heard about this little gem . . .
I had to work at the store for Gracie's class at the end of the day, so my plan was to be at the start of carline at middle school, pick up Matt, drop him off and head to Kenrose.
No problem.
Arrived at school shortly after 2. School doesn't get out until 2:35, but all the crazy moms like to spend their day sitting and waiting, so to get in and out quickly once school let out, I had to join them. #if youcantbeatthemjointhem
I turned off my car and spent the next 30 minutes reading. Hey, this wasn't so bad after all. When the first kid stepped outside, I turned the key . . . . and NOTHING. Noooooo!!
Have I mentioned yet it was raining? It rained all day, so as I glanced up, I noticed that the carline was as far as I could see. No. No. NO!!!!! I ran inside the building to see if the safety resource officer was there and had a portable jumping thing-y. Nope. She's not there. Or maybe she is. Nobody is really sure. I pass Matt in the hall who looks perturbed that I am inside and try to explain that we won't be going anywhere soon.
We go back out to the car and I tell the school counselor who is running carline that my car is dead. She asks me if I had left it running. Ummmmm.....no. But even if I had, my car is now dead, blocking one of two lanes at dismissal on a cold, rainy Friday afternoon. This is no time for "I told you so," even though she couldn't.
While inside, I saw my friend Robyn working the front desk. I call her cell in hopes she might still be there and can give me a jump. She is and she can. She pulls along side me (which is the passing lane--so she can't wait there) and I realize this isn't going to work. It's going to take forever to get through dismissal and I don't want to hold her up. She somehow sweet talks the counselor into stopping carline so she can turn around her car in front of mine so we can get me jumped and out of there. I'm fairly certain the counselor pretty much hates me now, as do the parents who took a moment to shoot me a dirty look as they drove past me in my dead car parked smack in front of the school. #whenitrainsitpours
Seriously, y'all....this wasn't part of my plan for today. Have a little empathy.
Finally, I got my car jumped and made it to Kenrose by 3:05, albeit as a soggy mess.
And where was Matt during all of this? Sitting in the car playing on his iPad, oblivious to my frustration or anything else.
Sigh.
Friday, October 2, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment