The weekend is over and I, for one, am glad.
Didn't think I'd ever say that. It's 9:15 as I'm typing this and I have vowed to be in bed by 9:30 with lights off, so I'll give you a quick recap AND explain my exhaustion.
On Friday night, Matt went to his first school dance. He had the opportunity to go to one at the end of the school year, but skipped (as did 95% of his friends). But this fall, he and a number of his pals decided to go to the 7th/8th grade Back to School Dance and I must say I was super excited that he did. This is out of his comfort zone, but when you and a bunch of your equally awkward pals go together, it's a little bit easier. I had to laugh when Matt's ride pulled up and the boys jumped out for a quick picture (at the insistence of all their moms--not because they wanted to!)
Notice anything familiar among the boys? Without a single word to each other, they all showed up in the exact same outfit. The shoes are even the same color. Hysterical!
They stayed for the whole dance, but Matt reported that it was just an "okay" time. I noticed that his head was sweaty when he got home and he said that was from running around with friends. Of course it was! Although he did report that he danced a couple times, but just with a big group of people.
On Saturday afternoon, Matt went to the Titans preseason game with his pal Parker (they lost!) and Gracie and I headed to the Nashville Zoo for our camp out with our Girl Scout troop. Except it rained most of the day and the forecast for evening included a lot of rain . . . so it was a camp IN. Since I'm all thumbs setting up the tent, I didn't mind too much, although sleeping on the hard tile floor in one of their education rooms was no walk in the park. Thankfully, the rain broke just in time for a bonfire, so at least we got to have s'mores which feels like a camping essential! However, between the hard floor, a roomful of restless, giggling girls and a loud air conditioner, it was a far from good night of sleep.
I'm too old for this.
We were up by 6:30 am (which is really late for me) and home by 8:30. We took a quick shower and then headed to church, because we had a confirmation orientation meeting during Sunday School.
I can't believe I have a kid in confirmation.
The afternoon was spent doing laundry, a futile attempt at a nap and getting ready to have our friends Laura and Jimmy over for dinner. As he typically does on weekends, Bassam did the cooking, so I just had to get the house cleaned up and table set. We had a great time catching up with them and Bassam's brisket was delish!
By 8 pm, they were heading out, lunches were quickly made and I sent the kids off for showers and to bed. And now it's 9:26 and I'm on my way! G'night!
Sunday, August 21, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment