Sure, I'm a few days late blogging about it, but it's been an extraordinarily BUSY week, too.
The 5th grade parents have been planning 5th grade promotion and the party afterwards since the fall. And if I do say so myself, it came off beautifully. Here's my girl on the first day of kindergarten and on 5th grade promotion.
All the kids wear their 5th grade t-shirts for promotion, which I don't love. But that decision is way above my pay grade.
My friend Lee, who owns Celebration signs did this great display on the hill in front of the building!
This was the only picture I got with the redhead that day. Got a great picture with the grandparents, a snapshot with dad before he dashed out to work (the ceremony was at 10 am), lots of shots of Gracie, but no full family picture. Mom fail.
Of course Gracie kept it in perspective, "It's just pictures. Everyone was there to see it in person."
She is a wise one. Proud of her in so many ways.
Tuesday was the last day of school. Technically a half-day, although I was there all day because we hosted a luncheon for the entire staff after the kids went home. It was a great chance for the teachers to celebrate the end of school and Dr. Webb's retirement. We did the decorations and food and they did slide shows and presentations. It was great. And it was OFFICIALLY my last event at Kenrose.
I'm still letting that fact settle in.
After the luncheon, we hosted a swim party for my Girl Scouts at the neighborhood pool. We had exactly one day off and then today Gracie was off to middle school orientation.
Too fast, y'all.



No comments:
Post a Comment