We spent this past Saturday at the Twirltacular Championships North Alabama. We drove over on Friday night since the competition started at 8:30 and hitting the road at 6 am didn't sound terribly relaxing.
Bassam and Matt made the trip with us, golfing on one of the courses on the Robert Trent Jones trail. Then in the afternoon, they came and sat on the oh-so-comfy wooden bleachers at the Mars Hill High School in Florence, AL to see Gracie twirl.
As I watched, I didn't think it was her best day of competing (and she would agree), but the haul she came home with said otherwise.
Those are all hers! In her division (10-12 Novice), she walked away as the Twirltacular Grand Champion, Majorette Queen Grand Champion, and Hall of Fame Solo Grand Champion. The smaller trophies are for open events she placed in.
So proud of this girl, but honestly, where is one supposed to keep all this hardware? Those larger trophies are 3-feet tall!
The rest of the Memorial Day weekend was much less eventful. Golfing for Bassam and Matt and swimming for both kids. We had dinner with my parents on Sunday and friends over on Monday, plus the band performed at the Memorial Day ceremony in Franklin.
Unfortunately, by the time I went to bed on Monday night it was clear I had come down with something. Sinus pressure and a bad cough make for a bad combination. My ability to get things done today was hindered greatly by the fact that I had to sit down and rest after every task I did.
So much for enjoying the start of summer . . .

No comments:
Post a Comment