Sunday, June 18, 2017

All about the Dads . . .

So happy to be celebrating my favorite Dads today!

Unfortunately, one of them is on call this weekend, so he's had to juggle work/phone calls with the festivities.   Luckily, Bassam has made only one trip into the hospital today (yesterday was not so lucky), we got to have lunch and dinner together.
I don't know why I let the kids insist on putting the dog in the picture.  Don't get me wrong, I love Charlie more than Christmas, but I bet I took 20 shots to get one where he was *kind of* looking at the camera.  It's like trying to get a picture of a 2 year old all over again.

Unfortunately, we had tons of rain the afternoon (over 2 inches), so Bassam didn't get to golf as planned, and instead had to settle for watching the US Open on TV.  But even that got old because at 3:30 when I decided I needed to run to the Publix to pick up more sausage, he said, "I'll go, too.  I'm bored."

Bassam requested a low-country boil for dinner, so I made up two pots of shrimp, sausage, corn and potatoes and we had both sets of parents and Bassam's brother over for dinner.   We ate outside on the porch and my mom made some DELICIOUS eclairs (also one of Bassam's favorites) for dessert!

Perfect day!

Right before my parents left, I had Bassam snap this picture of me and my dad for Father's Day.  Matt took one after church, but the lens was fogged up, I guess from going from a heavily air-conditioned church to a hot/humid outside.   This time it's the end of the day, so we look a little rougher, but I do treasure pictures so I am always glad to have them!
As much as we needed the rain for the grass and garden, it also cooled things down significantly (it's like 72 degrees right now!).  This is a good thing since our upstairs AC is out.  AGAIN.  They were here last week and said there was a leak in the thing-a-ma-jig and had to order new one.  In the meantime, they filled it up with coolant and said we'd be good until that came in.

Not quite.

But they're scheduled to be here tomorrow and we have the windows open and fans on in the meantime.  

Happy Father's Day, y'all!

No comments: