Despite all the middle school drama about going out and breaking up that I wrote about earlier, we successfully survived Valentine's Day.
Matt definitely survived. He thanked me for the candy and the new drawstring backpack, and didn't give the holiday another thought. I couldn't even convince him to wear a red shirt.
Gracie, on the other hand, went off to school wearing a red shirt and Doc Martens, heart earrings and carrying a box of Valentines with bags of gummy bears to give all her friends. She and her crew traded Valentines like they were back in elementary school. The only exception was she came home with a large bag of M&Ms from one boy (who gave small, Valentine sized bags to everyone else). I'm *guessing* this is how said boy tells Gracie he likes her, which is super sweet. But he hasn't said anything else, which is just fine with me, too.
Back at home I scored some beautiful roses.
I think Bassam likes me.
On Friday night, while Bassam was off to see Matt in his festival band concert, I took Gracie and 3 pals to see their friend Keira in her play "Crazy for You." The girls didn't appreciate the Gershwin music, but did love seeing their friend on stage. Afterward I took them all out to Sweet CeCe's for frozen yogurt. It might have been the loudest car ride I have ever endured.
This is saying something, I assure you.
But I love these girls and their sweet friendship. Their singing of Backstreet Boys at the top of their lungs . . . not so much.
In other news, we are getting a longer than expected weekend. We were not supposed to be off for Presidents' Day, but our Superintendent cancelled classes for students on Monday. Every school in our county will be revisiting, reviewing and reinforcing their safety plans with law enforcement at the individual schools. In the afternoon, EVERY school employee in our county will be at the Ag Expo center together to meet as a group. This includes cafeteria workers, bus drivers, teachers (all registered subs, too), administrators and support staff. I give props to superintendent and school leadership for their efforts. It has been an extraordinarily difficult week in the wake of what happened in Florida.
Hoping for sunshine on our bonus weekend day. W'eve had lots of rain and dreary weather of late. I know it's just February, but I'm ready for sunshine and warmer temperatures!
Sunday, February 18, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment