Saturday, May 12, 2018

Frenzy Friday

It's Saturday, it's sunny and hot, and we had nowhere special to be today.  My.  Kind.  Of.  Day.

Yesterday was 9 kinds of crazy.  Right after dropping the kids at school, I was in party planning mode.   My friend Colleen and I were hosting the retirement reception for the middle school principal on Friday after school.   We held it at the big Catholic church across the street from the school.  There were tables and chairs to be moved, trays of food, drinks and balloons to be picked up, and tables to be decorated. Everything turned out beautifully, if I do say so myself. 
In the middle of the afternoon, we took a quick break to head over to school for the last assembly of the year.   Both Colleen's kids and Matt & Gracie got to accept a gift to the school from the Nashville Predators for their leadership the Treats for Troops program that the Preds sponsor with us.  Given the fact that only the night before the Predators lost game 7 in the 2nd round of the playoffs, it was incredibly classy of them to be out making public appearances.  Craig Smith (wing) and Gnash both came to the school and all the kids gave them a super warm welcome. 
After the assembly, it was back to the church to put final touches on the reception.  The guests started coming in right at 3:30 and everyone seemed to have a great time, especially Mrs. Fizer, the principal.   

Unfortunately, I had to leave early because Gracie's baton recital was at 6 pm.   Naturally she had to be there early, so I rushed home, did her hair and we headed over for last minute practice.   Gracie performed three times, including her show twirl from competition.  She had several drops in her solo, so wasn't thrilled, but she still looked great.  I realized at the end of the night I hadn't taken a single picture of just her the whole night.   3 different costumes, and no picture of just her.  Way to go, Mom!  Luckily, we had a photographer at the event last night (my neighbor, Ray) and he snapped a zillion pictures of every routine and every girl.   I usually try to just watch Gracie perform at competition . . . not take pictures, so I can really enjoy it.  Plus, when I do mine always seem to be a blurry mess.  It was a huge blessing to have some beautiful action shots capture by someone with professional equipment!  This is one of my favorites! 
After recital, I made a quick stop back at the church to help with the last of clean up before heading home.   Needless to say, I was asleep by 9:30 and slept until almost 7.  Much needed. 

Today we ran a few errands, Matt studied for finals, I got a pedicure and we pressure washed the porch.   Also much needed.    

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I'm really, really, really looking forward to summer!

No comments: