Friday, May 18, 2018

School's Out for Summer

School's out for summer!   And now you have Alice Cooper stuck in your head all day. 

You're welcome. 

Last half day of school today.   For Gracie that meant yearbook signing and taking pictures with her friend.  For Matt it meant 8th grade promotion. 

Y'all, I have a high school student now.   

Nooooooooo! 

Wearing the unofficial boys uniform of khaki pants, Sperry's and a button down shirt, Matt was promoted to 9th grade and picked up some nifty honors for straight A's, band, Math club, geography bee and Math Olympiad.  He also got to perform with the brass quintet.  Proud of him!   
He immediately came home and immersed himself in Fortnite (the current game that EVERYONE is playing!).   I let him fry his brain for a while and then took him and his pal, Sam, to the pool to burn off some energy and potentially protect him from carpal tunnel and the need for eye glasses due to screen strain.  #MomoftheYear

Tonight we're off for a celebratory dinner at Shogun so we can all smell like hibachi for the rest of the night. 

The end of middle school was much needed for Matt.  It's been 30 years since I graduated from junior high (as we called it in the olden days!), and I'm not sure it's improved much.    I'm not sure it's improved AT ALL.    But I have to keep a positive(ish) attitude because Gracie has two more years.  Two.  Long.  Years. 

So, there you have it.  I am the mom of a high school freshman.  


No comments: