Friday, February 22, 2019

Lost, found and wet . . .

So we're out of school today due to flooding in the area.  It rained Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.  We got a reprieve on Thursday during the day, but picked up again last night.   It rained all day today and apparently we have bad storms coming in tomorrow.

No flooding for us, but it's very wet and very muddy.  It's also very, very gray.   I'm so over it.

But it was a nice bonus to have the kids home from school today.   We ran a few errands, Gracie had a baton lesson, the kids watched copious amounts of television, played video games and we cleaned the house.

Of course, cleaning the house was more than responding to the clutter and dust that seemed to be everywhere.  On Wednesday, Matthew lost the charging case for his beloved AirPods.   He tore up his room, backpack, family room, our desk, the car, and about 30 other places that they had no chance of being.

No luck.

So today, I tore up those places and a few more.  Gracie joined in the fun, too.  I thought he might have left the case in his coat pocket, so I searched for his new Patagonia fleece jacket that he got for Christmas.

Front close?  Nope.

His closet?  Nope.

Balled up in his backpack?   Nope.

So now we have a missing fleece and AirPod case.  I should mention Matt was not AT ALL worried about the missing jacket.   But of course, this mama, who bought the jacket WAS worried.  At one point, he yelled out that he found his coat. When I walked down to see it, I discovered him wearing his dad's Patagonia down jacket.    Let's see . . . Matt has a semi-fitted, gray fleece in a men's sizes small.   Bassam has a gray down jacket in a men's size LARGE.   They were both gray and Patagonia, but the style and size were completely different.   Can my son really not tell the difference!??!??

Bassam came home from work early and I suggested to Matt that he take another look his car.   He grumbled, but went out to the car.   A few minutes later we heard "I found it" being screamed from the garage.

He found the AirPod case.   Not the jacket.   Who am I kidding?  He didn't even look for the jacket.

No comments: