Friday, March 8, 2019

Countdowns and Chi-town

We are one week away from wrapping up the 3rd quarter of the LONGEST SCHOOL YEAR EVER.

That means just 10 weeks left of the 7th grade.  Praise God!

Plus, the weather is so crazy in Nashville.  It's warm.  It's cold.  It rains.  It's sunny.  It rains.  And rains.  And rains again.    I'm completely over it.

Today I learned that the house I grew up in is for sale.  I quickly logged on to Realtor.com to take an inside look.  The folks that purchased it from my parents did quite a bit of work on it, taking out several walls for bigger bedroom and living spaces. It was so nice seeing the old place, even though a lot of it looked really, really different.   And I'm not just talking about the fact that the dining room is now PURPLE!   The whole thing reminded me that a trip back up to Chicago is long overdue.  There are favorite places to see, favorite people visit and favorite restaurants to eat at.

We're busy crunching the summer calendar trying to figure out timing for camps, vacation, drivers ed, and band.  A weekend up in Chicago may have to go on that list!

No comments: