Thursday, March 22, 2012

Daisy Door

I hate a naked front door.

Actually, I kinda hate our front door all together.  But since we'll hopefully we'll be replacing the ill-fitting door and all it's rotting sidelight glory this summer, I'll focus my dislike on a naked door.

I have this cool oversize hand painted rabbit hanging that was made from salvaged metal roofing materials after the tornadoes in Alabama, but since it's been so breezy the last week it has been bang, bang banging against my storm door non-stop.   It must have irritated my husband, because I found it leaned up against the wall in the hallway on Tuesday.

Whatever. 

Less my door be naked (and thereby highlighting it's poor condition), I pulled out my trusty grapevine wreath (this is actually two wreaths--a smaller one nested in the larger one for a fuller look) and springified it.   

I love making up new words.

These wreathes are quite cheap and I use this same one probably 9-10 months out of the year, just changing out how I decorate it.   I've got a big tub of flowers, ribbons, stick-ins, flags, letters and other crafty what-nots that have found their way into the the wreath (or "ring of dead sticks" as my husband prefers to call it!).  These giant daisies were on sale at Michaels this week and I had the ribbon and Easter eggs already in my stash. 

And while I intrinsically dislike fake flowers, these bring me a little joy.  They are so colorful and fun.  Plus, since our daffodils have already started to die (having been in bloom since early February), we need a pop of color in front of the house.

Now I need to find another place for my big old metal rabbit.   

No comments: