So glad the weekend is here, aren't you?
Even though for us it means a call weekend for B and an always-present list of things to do . . . it's still the weekend and that's something!
In a cruel twist of fate, I think I'm getting sick again. Funny since I just got over being sick AND the last bought lasted just shy of 4 weeks. Still, the sinus pain has returned along with the congestion. I'm not 100% convinced it's not allergies, but according to my-medical-practice-has-nothing-to-do-with-allergies husband, he is sure it isn't. Regardless, I've decided I'm going to channel my inner 5 year old and say IT'S NOT FAIR!
Speaking of 5 year olds, this is how Gracie came down dressed to go to Cub Scouts last night.
What else can I say? Bless her heart!
Speaking of Scouts (Don't you love how these completely unrelated stories flow together today!??!), the boys had their final pack meeting of the year last night. Every month, they sell raffle tickets for a $1 each (all the money goes to charity--I think they chose Second Harvest) and if your ticket is drawn, you get to choose a prize. The prizes are brought by the Scouts who won the month before. The prizes vary from toys to boxes of Oatmeal Cream Pies. There are usually several prizes brought each month (5 or 6 maybe) and the first ticket drawn chooses a prize first and so on. Well, Matthew hasn't won a raffle prize all year and if you know his competitive spirit, you know this bothers him. He mentioned it again before the meeting last night. I reminded him that it was just for fun, plus a way to raise money for charity . . . and oh by the way, it was Dad's money anyway.
Yeah, yeah.
As it happened, Bassam only had a $5 bill in his wallet last night, so he bought 5 raffle tickets. And guess what? Matthew won 3 PRIZES! Talk about good luck. He came home with a bean bag toss game, a design your own Hot Wheels kit and a box of brownie bites (which there were only a couple left, because he shared them at the meeting last night). Safe to say, he was over the moon.
Now I just need to remember that I need to send 3 raffle prizes to the first pack meeting next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment