Friday, June 8, 2012

End of camp

Matthew wrapped up Cub Scout camp today.   Safe to say, he had a ball!   Today's highlights were making s'mores in the solar power "oven" they made with a Dominos pizza box,  finishing their woodworking project (they built tables) and of course, a visit from the fire department. 

Parents were invited to join up with their scouts for the last 2 hours of camp, so of course I went.   I should point out that a very small percentage of parents did.  

Mental note for next year.  

Anyway, after the firefighters did their whole safety speech, they pulled out the hoses and sprayed the kids.    They screamed.  They hollered.  The chased the water flow.  The turned the muddy puddles into slip 'n slides.

And my kid was right there in the middle of the muddy, wet, screaming mess. 

As for me, I'm just pleased that nightly appointment with the washing machine has been cancelled since the boys had to wear the same t-shirt all 5 days of camp.   

No comments: