Although I think we have turned the corner on our kitchen project, it's fair to say, I've hit the wall.
Hard.
I cannot stand the constant state of discombobulation that defines my house, nevermind the constant layer of dust, which only seems to disappear for 20 minutes or so after I attack it with the Swiffer and then returns with a vengeance.
A neighbor told me it would be "so much fun to design my own kitchen!" Really? I keep waiting for the fun to start. Where is it?
I got close to fun when I went to the lighting gallery on Friday with our designer to pick out fixtures for our hallway and dining room. I wandered around snapping pictures of ridiculous things like this ginormous black crystal chandelier and sending it to Bassam with a note that said, "Do you like this one for the hall?"
It was a bargain, too. It was on clearance, marked down from $29,000 to $13,000.
I was also taken by this crystal disco-ball.
Yours for the low, low price of $6,500.
But the fun ended when I had to hunker down and look at fixtures a little more seriously. Who knew there were that many choices? And there were many disappointments. I'd find one that had potential only to find it was out of my price range. After countless laps around the store and flipping through numerous catalogs, I was pleased to find ones that I liked (and for a muuuuuuuch lower price than the black chandy and crytal disco ball!). And while I left with the hallway fixture in the back of my van, the dining room one won't be in until mid-October. It hardly seemed like a deal breaker since our new dining table won't be in until the end of October.
Here's hoping the next task will be more fun.
Seems unlikely since I will be choosing drawer and cabinet pulls.
Sunday, August 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment