Monday, May 15, 2017

Blog first, email later?

It's been a few (5) days since I've popped in here.  Not for a lack of having things to write about, but I swear every time I've sat down at the computer in the last week, I got sucked into the massive amount of emails about baton, 5th grade promotion, retirement receptions, luncheons, and assemblies that all happen in a 8 days span and I have some level of involvement in. 

'Tis the season.   5 1/2 more days of school, y'all.  

So let's back up to last week . . . 

On Friday, there was the last big assembly at the middle school.   One of the highlights was a member of the Nashville Predators coming to school to thank the kids at school for collecting 80 zillion pounds of candy for the troops  after Halloween.  It was a joint project between school and the Preds.  Matt was one of the student leaders, so he got to go up when the school was presented with an autographed jersey by Kevin Fiala who is a winger for the Predators.  
Unfortunately, the Kevin isn't enjoying the playoff run with the team because he fractured his femur at the end of last month.  Quite frankly, I can't believe he was up and about as much as he was!  But he was a super nice guy and Matt was thrilled to meet him.  

Gracie had her end of the year baton recital.   Biased mama here, but she was the best one there!  
Despite missing both of her two turns during her solo, her routine was a complete crowd pleaser and they oooh'd and ahhh'd in all the right places.   And after a disastrous dress rehearsal last week, her middle school team pulled it together and had two good routines, too.   Great night for twirling!


By the way, Matt skipped the recital and went to the Farewell dance at school.  2 weeks ago, he wasn't so jazzed about attending, but when given the choice of the dance or baton recital, he managed to find a gaggle of pals attending and joined them.

And of course Sunday was Mother's Day.   Bassam cheffed up a lovely meal and we had dinner with both sets of parents and his brother.   Biased daughter here, but my mama is the best one. 
So those are the highlights.   Tomorrow is the 7th grade honors assembly and band banquet and Thursday I'm helping host a retirement reception.   I should be chock-full of things to write about it. 

I just need to write before I open my email!

No comments: