Can't believe I haven't blogged since LAST YEAR!
There, the obligatory new year's joke is out of the way.
We said goodbye to 2014 in a very quiet fashion. I had a splitting headache on NYE and laid down shortly after dinner hoping the ibuprofen would kick in quickly. It didn't, but luckily, I managed to fall asleep anyway. I woke up at 11 and heard Bassam tell the kids they were welcome to stay up until midnight, but they needed to do it in their rooms, as he was going to bed.
Do we know how to party or what?
Allegedly, both kids saw the clock strike 12, but quite frankly, there is a decent chance neither of them did but they don't want to let the other one know they fell asleep.
Since I last wrote, I got the last of the Christmas decorations put away. Despite multiple passes with the vacuum, there are still pine needles and glitter everywhere. A little reminder to keep Christmas in our hearts perhaps?
I spent a large chunk of New Year's Day selling Girl Scout cookies with Gracie. Sales kick off on January 1st in these parts, which kind of stinks since people are high on their New Year's resolutions to eat better and lose weight. I figure by the time they come in at Valentine's Day, those will be shot so why not just order the Thin Mint? You'll be glad you did!
Meanwhile, back at the ranch (otherwise know as our house!) there was massive amounts of football being watched on television. As a Big 10 transplant living in SEC country, it was nice to see Michigan State, Wisconsin and Ohio State pull out the wins yesterday. Would it be nicer to see Illinois do it? Sure, but I have to stay rooted in reality. Cheering for Ohio State does not come easy for me, but I did it anyway. As I drove home from boot camp earlier this morning I chuckled to hear the local sports talk idiots break down the games and still couldn't find a nice thing to say about the Big 10.
Stay classy.
Friday, January 2, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment